Saturday 14 January 2012

Getting back on it

I took a rest day yesterday.  After last weeks appalling Park Run effort this week I am more determined.  I turn up at Norman Park and it is a frosty winter-wonderland.

I start off well and keep going.  After 1.5km there is an opportunity to dump my hat and gloves at a thoughtfully placed basket for this purpose near the finish.  I take the opportunity.  But this is a mistake.

I keep thinking I am going to warm up but my hands get colder and colder.  By the finish I am in agony thinking that I am on the verge of frost bite!

The pace had slowed but it felt so much better than last week.  I look at the time 22"54.  My PB is 21"45, so just over a minute slower is not too bad given the conditions and the fact I did not push all-out.

I am definitely on my way back.

5km 22"54

No comments:

Post a Comment