Wednesday 11 January 2012

Leadenhall Loop after Christmas

Soon I will be leaving the City of London and off to the Land of the Docks.  So I need to make the most of those exquisite City of London runs.  Today I decide to do the Leadenhall Loop postponed from yesterday.

I have a new short cut through the foot passages at Blackfriars.  It means not having to wait for traffic lights above ground.  When I get to the bottom of the stairs the underpass is pitch black.  There is a man standing looking confused
"Looks a bit dark" I say
He nods
I continue down the stairs, and can see light at the end of the tunnels.
"It's alright though" I say as I zoom off.

As the run goes on the thighs are a little sore from a couple of heavy days but I get on without.

 Leadenhall Market feels so different this side of Christmas.

In the end, the pace isn't blasting but good to be out and running.

5.5km 31:30

No comments:

Post a Comment