Sunday 8 January 2012

Water Fountain to Water Fountain Plus Run

My wife agrees I can go for a quick half hour run ahead of our delayed second Christmas.  I decide that seeing as I am getting back on it why not do the Water Fountain to Water Fountain run on Hayes Common.  This is a 5km run that I have been doing for as long as I have been running.

I set off and it is not too horrible.  I get to the far point and I don't want to stop as I'm enjoying this.  I risk the wrath of my wife and keep on running up towards Wilberforce.  I run down past the Wilberforce Oak.   If I keep going then I am going to go down a steep, steep hill, which will be a struggle to run back up.  So I keep going,

I reach the bottom of the hill and the half hour ticks up.  I turn and head back.  I run up the hill and back.  As per tradition I touch the two water fountains.

I get back to the car on an almost perfectly on an hour.   When I get home Mrs Squirrel is a little stressed, but I am buzzing from my run and get us back on track.

I've run twice the distance I was planning and loved it.  Maybe my fitness has not been as damaged as I thought.

9km 60mins

No comments:

Post a Comment