Wednesday 18 January 2012

Longer Intervals

I've sorted out my running style with my barefoot adventures.  I've sorted out my lack of volume by integrating running into my work journey. The next target is intensity.  I need to run harder to improve.  A little bimble along for half an hour doesn't cut the mustard.

At lunch I was planning to bimble along the river in the aquas.  However I so enjoyed last nights intervals I decide to do some more.  I have been running 10 Speed Highwalk intervals previously (for a total run time of 30 minutes, 5 minutes there, 20 minute intervals, 5 minutes back)  With my Pret a Manger/EAT detox I have been bringing my lunch into work giving me an extra 10 minutes of lunchtime running.  I decide to tack on a extra 5 reps for a total run time of 40 minutes.

It has been raining earlier but the intervals can all be run under the cover of the Barbican.   However the service is made up of shiny bricks.  I've not had the problem before even when wet of them being slippy.   Today they do seem slippy, so I am careful.

It's strangely enjoyable and very satisfying.  Once again I can feel the fitness building.  All good stuff

Intervals 15x1 with 1 minute recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment