Tuesday 17 January 2012

Late Evening Intervals

I get home from work early, have dinner and get the kids in bed.  I then have some spare time.  Recently on the Grove Park to Home runs, as I run across Bromley Park (though really in Shortlands)  I have been thinking about how good it would be for intervals.

I put on my shoes and cruise down.  I decide to run 20 intervals, 1 minute on, 1 minute recovery.  It takes me a while to find to good points to run between (I have this cracked on Speed Highwalk) but I find two benches which I can slump on to recover.

And it's good.  I've always avoided intervals as they seem hard work.   But tonight they are fine and can feel them expanding and growing me.

I think I may be coming back to Bromley Park for some more action.  There is also a cracking pair of hills just asking for hill repeats...

Intervals 10x1 minute on with 1 minute recovery in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment