Friday 20 January 2012

Grove Park recovery run

I've said it before, but I love this run.  Don't know why.  Maybe it is because it is a bit up and down like a roller-coaster   After today's Hare and Hounds I want a nice easy wind-down to my week.

Because I was racing today, I have my Asics Piranhas on, which despite being racing flats are comfier than the finest pair of slippers.

As I reach Bromley North the pace is even picking up.  I see a woman walking along in front of me.  I compute I can squeeze past her.  Suddenly, she swerves across the pavement.  I come thudding to a halt.  She screams as loud as she can, assuming she is going to be attacked.  I back away and she realises it is just me, running.  She apologises, and I zip off before someone gets the wrong end of the stick and beats me up.

The rest of the run is uneventful, but a real joy.

4.5km 30:00

No comments:

Post a Comment