Saturday 28 January 2012

Slightly Chesty Park Run

I've been feeling good in my running.  Today I have a slight fog on the chest.  I'm still interested to see what park run will yield.   On the way to the start I see Peter and Laura and we have a good chat.

I start off and get a feel for my form.  I'm going well, but it's definitely not race pace.  The problem with Bromley Park Run now is the number of people.  At the start everyone goes off too fast and you get stuck in the crowds.  This must impact the final time.

At the finish, I focus on the person behind me and put some time between us with a sprint.

The final time is satisfactory, my 5th fastest ever.  I had been slowed down at the start.  It's been a hard week of training and a couple place it was a little muddy and needed navigating.

I always say this, but if I get the Marathon out of the way I'd like to give this a good crack and get my time down.  I am now starting to understand what kind of sessions I need to be running to push on.

5km 22:31


No comments:

Post a Comment